Larger numbers that occur from adding the numbers in the complete birth date or from the values assigned to each name, are reduced by adding the digits together until the sum achieved is one of the core numbers. Merely add the components of the larger number together (repeatedly, if necessary) until a single digit (or the "master" numbers 11 or 22) results. Each of these number represents different characteristics and expressions.
Master number are the only exception to rule of reducing to the single digit. The master numbers 11 and 22 are intensified versions of the single digit number they replace (2 and 4). These numbers suggest a potential for a high degree of learning and/or achievement very often in a more stressful environment. In many individuals, the master numbers operate at a much more tangible or practical level, becoming essentially the same as the single digit parallel.
The first consideration of numerology is often the date of birth. This date, expressed numerically, as mm/dd/yyyy, is used to determine what is called the Lifepath Number and a variety of other factors in the numerology reading.
1. Initiating action, pioneering, leading, independent, attaining, individual.
2. Cooperation, adaptability, consideration of others, partnering, mediating.
3. Expression, verbalization, socialization, the arts, the joy of living.
4. A foundation, order, service, struggle against limits, steady growth.
5. Expansiveness, visionary, adventure, the constructive use of freedom.
6. Responsibility, protection, nurturing, community, balance, sympathy.
7. Analysis, understanding, knowledge, awareness, studious, meditating.
8. Practical endeavors, status oriented, power-seeking, high-material goals.
9. Humanitarian, giving nature, selflessness, obligations, creative expression.